Landscape Architects & Garden Designers need to be confident in their ideas, the materials that they choose and the designs they create in order to deliver successful results in reality. Wildflower spaces are becoming more popular over time but, as with any other living growing environment, they are not easy to create from scratch without knowledge and experience.
As pioneers within wildflower landscapes, we have packaged up decades of expertise into CPD (Continued Professional Development) training. Our presentation aims to improve the knowledge when it comes to designing and specifying wildflower environments within your plans. Attendance to our presentations can be put towards required CPD hours and earn you a personalised e-certificate. We cover most of the core topics that underpin choosing wildflowers for a particular site or design, the site conditions, layout, supply, installation and maintenance.
- These sessions are FREE of charge to architects & designers
- Delivered remotely online via live video OR face-to-face at your site
- A 1-hour session on a date of your choosing! (Pending trainer availability)
Overall we cover most of the core topics that underpin choosing wildflowers for a particular site or design, the site conditions, layout, supply, installation and maintenance. Where appropriate, we can tailor our CPD presentations to individual Landscape Architect practices, taking into account any live projects they might be drawing up specifications for.
Typical topics covered:
- – Introduction of Wildflower Turf Ltd including our exemplar projects – Olympics etc.
- – Products and specification codes – Turf, Species Rich, Bespoke, Roof, MeadowScape Pro, Seed, Bulbs
- – Site specific requirements
- – Best practice installation techniques
- – Sustainable maintenance requirements
- – Advantages of our products over direct seeding
- – Long term cost savings i.e. preparation, installation, maintenance
- – Understanding and managing contractor relationships
- – Design opportunities
- – Legislation and regulation
- – Pollution mitigation (work in progress)
Meet the Trainer:
Helen Gillespie-Brown is an expert in sustainable landscapes
Working for Wildflower Turf Ltd for almost a decade, the pioneer of the UK’s first, soil-less growing system for wildflowers, Helen has a practical and pragmatic approach to her wildflower thinking.
Helen is an experienced trainer, regularly providing CPD sessions for landscape professionals. Her talks ignite excitement with the possibilities of using wildflowers as an instant solution to low maintenance, low cost, biodiverse landscapes. From community parks to highway verges, private gardens to filmsets, she has advised clients on a long list of impressive wild flower spaces giving her a unique insight into the realistic requirements for successful results.
Committed to the landscaping fraternity she has furthered her knowledge with a Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Environmental Management and an RHS Level 2 Diploma in the Principles of Horticulture.
Call us on 01256 771 222 or email email@example.com to secure your booking today!
Please note, date availability is limited, once our calendar is full, it’s full.